Principal Product Manager
External job description
In the Principal Product Management role, you will define, execute, and deliver a product strategy and roadmap that will help healthcare organizations in their moves to AWS technologies and add great value back to our customers. You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a start-up like environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Develop product strategy vision and roadmaps, and developing short, medium and long-term features to achieve the vision
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver product to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Work with team leadership to understand the customer and their needs and concerns as well as define solutions
- Support project lead in efficient and effective program implementation
- Champion and gain buy-in for the strategy and roadmap from partner teams through collaboration, documentation, and negotiation that effectively influences peers and senior management
- Develop user experience goals, stories and requirements that will be used to drive product specifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, design or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Experience launching products in healthcare market or related field
- Experience working cross functionally (design, engineering, usability, content development)
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- 5+ years of PM- experience
- Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases and market analysis
- Experience working with diverse groups of people to manage and influence change
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles including hardware and software development schedules
- MBA or Master's degree
- Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers
- Experience delivering consumer products and services in a high growth environment
- Experience with business development strategy
- Experience building relationship networks that are scalable to deliver worldwide
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top