Want to work on one of Amazon's most ambitious efforts? The Time and Attendance (TAA) Centralized Timekeeping (CTK) team provides accurate pay for millions of Amazonians around the globe! CTK is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Principal Product Manager to lead a cross-functional team of product, service, tech, and business stakeholders to create global timekeeping solutions.
As the Principal Product Manager, you will own the vision and strategy for the organization from strategy to feature-level definition and a roadmap to scale. You will drive the long-term vision through development of vision documents, definition of business requirements, launch and post-launch measurement while also developing and leading a small team of product managers. You will also serve as a key player with partner teams across the company, working to align interests and implement scalable solutions. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Principal Product Manager, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and concisely with engineers and executives.
• Proven ability to influence without authority. Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product road map and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to measure the impact of change, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
• Demonstrated skills in reviewing and working with product road maps & functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and facilitating user testing.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• A track record of effectively owning process creating, management and improvements.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.