Principal Product Manager
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Want to join one of the fastest growing teams at Amazon? Do you have proven product management ability, strategic vision, exceptional communication ability, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for an experienced technical product manager to join our team as the Principal Product Manager for the Self-Service Performance Ads (SSPA) Platform team.
The SSPA team has a global reach with deployments in 10 countries enabling hundreds of thousands of sellers and vendors to advertise on Amazon websites. This position has a high-degree of customer impact and engagement. For this problem space within our platform, it is truly Day One, and as such there many opportunities to influence not only the technical direction but also the success of one of Amazon's fastest growing strategic businesses. We are a high-profile business unit, with support and interest from all parts of Amazon and its most senior levels of management.
The Principal Product Manager will be responsible for charting and executing a course for the platform components that support the SSPA business. You will help define our strategy and will design and implement program direction to ensure the platform enables business growth. You have excellent communication skills and judgment, and are comfortable evangelizing the platform functions and services with a wide range of senior business and technical leaders within our partner companies.
Your responsibilities will be
- Define business and technical product requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on product plans and to deliver results
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders throughout Amazon to obtain buy-in for product initiatives and to set expectations
- Analyze and act on business metrics and data to grow the business
- Work with marketing, account development and sales to execute the go to market strategy
- Leverage consumer insights or competitive intelligence reports to help explain online behavioral trends and inform product decisions
- 10+ years in product management and/or project management experience is required
- Bachelor's degree in a technology discipline, data science or related field
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers and team members
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Exceptional communication, analytical and problem solving skills
Experience working with large scale catalogs and high performance distrusted systems as a Product Manager or as a developer
Product or engineering experience in e-commerce and / or ad technology companies
Master's degree or advanced technical degree preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top