Principal Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
Want to work at the cutting edge of big data, analytics, and machine learning? Interesting in helping customers leverage the power of Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, and other open-source distributed big data technologies? Come join us on the Amazon EMR team!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a seasoned product manager to help us define innovative new features and address new opportunities for open-source big data applications, data science, and analytics. Amazon EMR is a massively scalable service that allows customers to process vast amounts of data with open-source distributed applications in the Apache Hadoop and Spark ecosystem. As a Senior Product Manager on EMR, you'll work with an excellent development team building one of the largest Apache Hadoop platforms in the world.
In this role, you will have ownership over key initiatives in Amazon EMR's long-term product vision, feature definition, pricing, sales enablement, and marketing. You should be customer obsessed and enjoy engaging with and helping all types of customers ranging from executives and Fortune 100 companies to developers at early-stage startups. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making. The right candidate will bring a good mix of experience with big data technologies, product management skill set, and a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial approach.
We are looking for a candidate that is obsessed with delivering the most customer-centric experience on the planet, showing proven success in ownership, bias for action, and thinking big. This leader will need to exhibit excellent judgment, prioritizing between existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence. We are looking for strong business owners who are comfortable sharing their vision with AWS senior leadership, but also working closely with engineering teams to dive deep into details to make ideas into reality.
We need a passionate product management leader who dives deep and has shown demonstrated success in building strong business cases, managing high-growth, successful product launches, and driving customer success.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring.We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• BS or BA degree
• 10+ years of experience, with at least 5 in product management
• Strong technical acumen. Can dissect complicated technical problems, simplify experiences and innovate on behalf of our customers
• Both technically deep and business savvy to interface with and lead teams of all levels and disciplines within an organization, from engineers to senior leadership
• Experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from disparate sources in order to drive conclusions and recommendations
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment
• Strong track record of delivering products and ensuring customer success
• Excellent written communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
• Experience with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem and other related big data technologies
• Proficient in SQL
• Strong finance related skills relating to P&L management and pricing
• MBA or equivalent masters degree
• Understanding of the big data and cloud computing space
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top