Principal Product Manager
- Seattle, WA
AWS Wavelength is an AWS Infrastructure offering optimized for mobile edge computing applications. Wavelength Zones are AWS infrastructure deployments that embed AWS compute and storage services within communications service providers' (CSP) datacenters at the edge of the 5G network, so application traffic from 5G devices can reach application servers running in Wavelength Zones without leaving the telecommunications network. This avoids the latency that would result from application traffic having to traverse multiple hops across the Internet to reach their destination, enabling customers to take full advantage of the latency and bandwidth benefits offered by modern 5G networks.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative product and business leader for AWS Wavelength. If you are you passionate about how edge computing is revolutionizing the cloud and want to build the vision of how AWS will enable the next wave of ultra-low latency Internet applications, this is the role for you. The role's primary responsibilities focus on building a global business through the development and management of strategic partnerships with telecommunications carriers. Here, you will drive Wavelength's commercial vision in international markets and work closely with the technical field community and product management peers to ensure Wavelength has the right positioning, messaging, and enables compelling use cases across AWS' overall edge computing platforms. As the product owner, you will head outbound product conceptualization and define the product roadmap for the new edge computing initiative. You will work backwards from the customer to understand the capabilities, programming model, and experience AWS will offer developers. Finally, you will liaise with internal AWS services and infrastructure teams to understand the unique challenges and constraints of the edge, and define the right product strategy and solutions to tackle them.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of product management experience
• BS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• Experience leading cross-functional, cross domain projects with expertise in leading without authority to achieve results
• Ability to communicate technical issues convincingly to a wide range of audiences
• Strong leader who can prioritize and drive excellence within a talented team
• Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with data, and developing insights from it, experience establishing and tracking program metrics, and experience with experimental design
• Experience with financial modeling, for both cost and revenue
• Great interest in outbound product management
• Able to work in a diverse team
• MBA or Master's Degree
• Experience in cloud, edge computing, or mobile networking, along with a track record of turning ambiguous ideas into products and delivering cloud services
• Well-versed in commercial contracting approaches
• Provable and documented track record of taking ownership and driving actual business results (e.g. pipeline auditioning, revenue or margin increases, field and consumer program management with measurable results)
• Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, and assuming leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top