Principal Product Manager
Amazon Web Services ("AWS") is blazing new trails as a pioneer in the extremely high potential Web Services arena. EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) redefines the fundamental economics of large scale computing, offering companies of all sizes game-changing capabilities. We drive a relentless innovation process to reduce costs on our core virtual compute products as well as introducing breakthrough products.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join the core EC2 product management team responsible for the instance platform, features and key strategic initiatives. In this role, the candidate will join the team to help set the strategy, plan product expansion, and drive the execution of the business. The candidate will own critical deliverables related to overall portfolio expansion through the creation of new platforms and services.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams. We are looking for proven product management ability to execute both strategically and tactically. This position has a high level of visibility, and you will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and compellingly at all levels of the company. The candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use case prioritization, feature definition, ownership of the product roadmap, and customer segmentation
- Work with the leadership team to set strategy, define the product, and make appropriate high-judgment trade-offs between features and speed-to-market.
- Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including hardware, software, and network engineering as well as product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
- Engage with service owners and partner teams to understand product roadmaps and drive overall new product introduction schedules.
- Collaborate with partner teams to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for ad-hoc projects and programs.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- · 10+ years of product management experience involving cross-domain, cross-team engagements.
- BS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- Demonstrated technical expertise in cloud technologies spanning compute, storage, networking
- Have experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Be a strong leader who can prioritize well, and who understands how to drive focus and excellence within a strong, talented, opinionated team
- Have a strong track record of achieving the balance between innovation and strong customer and quality focus
- Passion for great customer experience and API usability
- Experience working in enterprise IT / colo environment
- Experience in customer facing, solution architecture roles in the cloud services segment
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top