Principal Product Manager
- Tempe, AZ
Are you interested in helping Amazon ensure that customers make great purchase decisions and that the world's most recognized Brands using Amazon are successful in listing and selling their products? If yes, apply to join the Brand Experience/Project Zero team!
Our team is focused on developing the best in class experiences for brands to empower them to manage their presence and protect their intellectual property on Amazon globally.
The team is looking for an experienced product leader to help us manage a portfolio of products that empower brands enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Product strategy and direction: Continually assess the needs of our customers and partners in defining and evolving the product and business strategy.
• Roadmap Planning: Deliver world-class innovation in features, usability and product performance in a consistent cadence of releases. Be the internal and external authority and advocate for your program. Ensure consistent execution of product lifecycle processes from concept to launch, driving value-based prioritization of product development initiatives to ensure maximum ROI.
• Requirements Definition: Develop comprehensive product plans incorporating customer needs, defining the competitive arena, and establishing the objectives, strategies, and actions required to achieve business goals. Produce high-quality requirements docs and effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
• Work with the tech teams to craft business requirement documents
The candidate should be able to think through business and technical integration challenges and drive product strategies and features to solve for them. She/he should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. Candidate will also have excellent communication skills and will be able to effectively interact with executives at Amazon and external partners. Additionally, a keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must in our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
• 10+ years of product management experience, preferably in the technology sector
• Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment
• Demonstrated Data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills, including deep knowledge of statistical analysis, Excel, SQL, and/or other analytical techniques
• Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and effectively influence across cross-functional teams
• Proficiency in SQL
• Master's degree in business/computer science
• Excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to guide cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management
• Ability to think strategically while staying on top of tactical execution
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top