Do you care deeply about how we can best prepare Amazonians to deliver for end customers? Are you interested in being part of the solution to ensure we build products that drive an inclusive and diverse culture? If these questions evoke passion and spark ideas, you should consider this role!
Amazon is working to become earth's most customer-centric company and the Global Talent Management (GTM) organization is no different -- except our customers are Amazon employees. GTM is the nerve center that retains and develops all Amazonians while also raising the bar on talent. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, creative and flexible Principal Product Manager to drive a variety of initiatives that change the way we work.
You have a track record of exceptional performance and love working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which managing multiple projects and priorities is the norm. You dive deep and like the complexity of systems but drive simple, innovative solutions. You have excellent judgment and high standards. You are an articulate, persuasive communicator and a good writer. You have strong customer obsession that keeps our employees at the forefront of all the decision we make by delivering for employees, we enable them to deliver for end customers.
• Thinking big about the needs of your customers
• Driving innovate solutions that ensure a consistent and intuitive workflow throughout the product suite
• Working closely with stakeholders to understand root causes of pain points and drive the right solutions
• Developing detailed product and UI requirements and setting the multi-year vision for leveraging the GTM product suite to disrupt potential bias
• Decomposing complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
• Managing complexity and resources by systematically prioritizing multiple streams of work
• Continuously testing and learning, leveraging data to drive decision-making
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• A Well-Rounded Athlete Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best solutions more quickly than expected.
• A Perpetual Student You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master's classes. You don't assume that you know the answer. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or asking 5 whys, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
• A Skilled Communicator You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
• A Trusted Advisor You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
• A Fearless Explorer You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.