Principal, Product Management, Tech, Amazon Kids
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Kids team builds new products and services for children ages 3-12 and their caregivers. Our flagship product, Amazon Kids, is available across Amazon Fire Tablets, FireTV, Echo devices, Kindles and 3P mobile apps. Amazon Kids brings together books, games, educational apps, videos (and more) that children love while providing peace of mind for parents. More information can be found at http://www.amazon.com/kids.
The Amazon Kids team quickly gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi award for best hardware and service at CES 2013 and again in 2019. Our team offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining our next generation of products and services. You will help shape product strategy while driving engineering and features based on this vision. Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our family of products. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!
• Work closely with leadership and several cross-functional teams to develop and deliver innovative consumer hardware products and software services.
• Partner with Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Content, Marketing, and Business Intelligence teams to create best-in-class solutions for customers.
• Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand and improve product capabilities.
• Analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to identify key pain points.
• Build innovative concepts and successfully champion them through senior management and other teams.
• Manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
• Present confidently to senior management, external clients, and other large audiences.
• Roll up sleeves as necessary to ensure projects stay on schedule and meet our high standards of quality.
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• 10+ years of consumer facing product management, engineering, or relevant experience
• Experience working on Android, iOS or other mobile applications is a plus
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills while the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Experience working on a software as a service product or other on-demand software
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects
Back to top