Principal, Product & Customer Insights
- Arlington, VA
Possible additional location for this role include Seattle, WA.
Amazon is looking for an experienced, talented, and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Principal, Product & Customer Insights. In this role you will be responsible for delivering insights on competitive forces by researching and analyzing both public and private sector financial and other business performance data. You will build scalable solutions from the ground-up, effectively navigating ambiguity and providing timely and accurate reporting to our senior leadership. This role will allow you to make a real impact on our business from Day 1 and provide a dynamic, innovative, and fast-paced environment to constantly build your skill set and address new challenges.
The right candidate is passionate about understanding the competitive landscape, analyzing corporate performance, and building partnerships across business teams to drive change. You have a strong foundation in financial analysis, the ability to dive deep into complex financial and other business performance metrics and understand the business context behind the data, and continuously strive to find deeper insights. You build mechanisms and systems to enable delivery of insights at scale. You drive competitive intelligence reporting and financial analysis that guides your partners to identify potential business, operational, and technical changes or investment areas that significantly impact business performance. You will develop studies that deep dive financial performance, process efficiency, and innovative technology.
You will partner with business leaders in developing metrics and programs and follow-up on actionable findings. You will have the ability to work with and influence businesses in a global setting and drive change across Amazon.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Perform in-depth analysis of financial and other business performance data, marketplace trends and competitive forces to understand financial, business, operational, or customer implications
• Discover, evaluate, and track global industry trends.
• Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements or custom financial and strategic studies.
• Own and execute end-to-end analysis including scoping, design, data collection, data analysis, creation of recommendations and presentation of results to senior leadership.
• Work with business leaders and their teams to drive growth and process/cost efficiency improvements through study results.
• Develop understanding of Amazon financial metrics, strategy, and long-term thinking to guide recommendations for improvements.
• Develop processes, reports, or tools that can scale, automate, and improve financial insights.
• Contribute to a team culture of experimentation and innovation.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 10+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking, finance, or product strategy.
• MBA or Master's Degree
• Degree in economics, business, finance, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or research sciences
• Experience delivering insights in the e-commerce (selling partner economics specifically) or broader technology space
• Experience in quantitative analysis and delivering data-driven insights to senior leadership
• Experience building scalable solutions from the ground-up
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and facilitation skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top