Principal Prod Mgr Tech VMC on AWS
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for a hands on candidate that possesses exceptional skills in analyzing complex business problems and translate them into achievable technical solutions. The candidate will have proven ability to plan and execute on ambiguous projects, co-ordinate with different stakeholders, and guide everyone on the path to success. The position requires solid technical background and technical problem-solving skills, preferably in the distributed computing on a large scale.
In this role, you will be working closely with our internal and external technology and business partners, co-ordinate business and technical discussions, prioritize feature requirements, frequently follow up with all stakeholders, and produce expertly crafted business and functional requirement documents.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Research and identify opportunities that help our customers to simplify their day to day activities
• Crafting product vision and product strategy
• Creating a road map in coordination with various internal and external partner teams
• Defining business and functional requirements
• Create a go-to-market plan
• Establish goals, create metrics and track progress
• 10+ years of product management experience in building cloud-related products
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• An MBA or an MS in Computer Science or related field
• Prior experience in leading a software engineering team as an engineering manager
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Quantitative analysis
• Driving a product from conception through completion
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Back to top