Are you an innovator, builder and leader? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your Strategy, Engineering and Product experience to lead our commercial Linux products and technology platform, and help grow the most successful cloud business in the world? EC2, one of the largest Product and Technology teams within AWS, is looking for a Linux leader to strategize and accelerate adoption of customer workloads on AWS. In this highly visible and cross-functional role, you will lead the charter of enabling outstanding customer experience by offering best in class Linux platform capabilities, tools, and price-performance based on customer insights. You will be working with our top product and technology peers and leaders to help launch innovative product offerings, craft differentiated value propositions, and deliver high impact business results. You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy - big-picture vision, as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into reality. As a product management leader, you will part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly. The right candidate will possess proven technical product management skills and have product management/ strategy experience from large and rapidly growing businesses. You will have deep knowledge and experience working with enterprise IT customers, infrastructure & application stacks, and Linux operating environments. You think strategically and analytically about the business and technical challenges for AWS customers, and come up with innovative ideas to solve them. You have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship, and most importantly, you know how to earn trust and work cross-organizationally with internal and external stakeholders including - engineering, solution architecture, services, marketing, sales, business development, and partner teams, as well as customer IT Executives, Architects, and Administrators, to deliver efficient and innovative solutions. You are versatile and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complex and entrepreneurial environment. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and can bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, and the ability to influence and lead are essential to success in this role. You are very data-driven and analytical, and can clearly & effectively communicate across organizations and senior leadership. You are passionate about cloud computing and can be a strong advocate for our customers.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Lead, own and drive the core commercial Linux technology platform strategy and goals
• Have a deep understanding of the Linux industry and technology trends, to enable you as a key influencer to technical and product teams internally as well as at key partners
. Work with customer technologists and leaders to understand key pain points, identify opportunities, and develop new and innovative solutions to ease their journey to AWS.
• Working backwards from the core customer pain points, develop new product feature docs/ FAQs to develop and lead new product and service launches to enhance the customer experience for running their Linux workloads on EC2.
• Develop product pricing models for new product launches
. Develop and drive the strategy to drive growth in existing and new markets
• Manage product and technology relationships and roadmap alignment with strategic ISV technology partners
. Create Blogs, GTM material, sales/other training and actively participate in the enablement and activation of our various direct and indirect channels
• Collaborate with Business Development, Sales, Engineering, Product Mgt, Marketing, Partner, Professional Services, and Finance teams to drive and achieve the targeted goals
• Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of other Product Managers
. Deeply understand the technical as well as business context of key decisions, and demonstrate high levels of overall creativity and judgment
• Engage with Analyst Relations.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded individual and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's (Master's preferred) in Computer Science or Engineering
• 8-12 years of technical Product Management experience, working with engineering teams to develop, launch and scale technical solutions.
• Deep understanding of IT Datacenter Infrastructure, Application stacks, and Customer needs.
• Strong leader who can prioritize well, and understands how to drive focus and excellence within a strong, highly talented, and opinionated team
• Strong track record of delivering results
• Exceptional writing skills to create narratives, presentations, blogs and white papers
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders, in a diverse and complex organization.
• Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• Comfortable presenting to and interfacing with leadersh
• MBA from a top institution
• Prior experience at Linux companies e.g. Red Hat, SUSE & Canonical.
• 5+ years of senior level technical experience strategizing, developing and delivering new technology products and services.
• Deep experience working within teams delivering software products and features using agile methodologies
Excellent analytical skills with ability to provide big picture insights from highly granular da
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us