Principal PM-Tech, Alexa Video Everywhere
- Sunnyvale, CA
Join the team that's building the Voice UI of the future for video devices and services like Fire TV, Echo Show, Xbox, Roku, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Prime Video, and many more. We are building the platform that will allow ANY video device or service (1st or 3rd party) to bring the power of voice to their customers to discover and enjoy the content they love every day. And we're just getting started!
We are looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager-Tech to lead our efforts to bring Alexa's Video features to more devices (TVs, phones, tablets, etc.) with a cross-device CX that customers love. This is one of our most strategic and visible areas of focus for Alexa Video. Our long term vision, is for Alexa to be the best and most convenient way to discover, control, and engage with any video content on any screen. In this role, you will own our efforts to bring the Alexa Video experience to more and more device types, with a CX that that is truly better than the remote control. This role will work closely with teams from all across Amazon, including Fire TV, Alexa Voice Services, Smart Home, Mobile, Tablets, and many more. With dedicated engineering resources, you will be empowered to build a roadmap that brings our long term vision to reality.
As a Principal Product Manager-Tech for Alexa Video, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services. You will drive product strategy and definition, and collaborate with engineering to develop and launch features.
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the software development process, a demonstrated track record of delivering new features and products, and passion for innovating on behalf of customers. They don't need to have expertise in NLU (natural language understanding), or machine learning but should have curiosity about it. They value collaboration, data-driven decision making, learning, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles. In this role, you will be on point to inform and guide technical, product, design investments, driving requirements back to the engineering team to jointly deliver value to customers and developers alike.
Lead the definition and execution strategy for Device Expansion and Devices CX within Alexa Video to help move the Alexa Entertainment vision forward.
Work with internal experts, quantitative and qualitative data, to develop documents articulating the aspirational vision and long to near term roadmap implications.
Define and gather the necessary inputs to make high-quality product and roadmap decisions.
Work with leaders across Alexa, Fire TV, Prime Video, Smart Home, AVS, and Amazon to secure buy-in.
Define project requirements, priorities, methods for measurement and track their execution and success.
Communicate with senior management on project status, strategy, risks, and issues
* Work closely with multiple engineering teams and designers to deliver results to customers
• 7+ years of professional experience of consumer facing software product management experience
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• Experience working on Android, iOS, Windows or other mobile software/applications
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
• MBA or Master's degree
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households
• Experience delivering solutions enabling customers to discover, install, and manage mobile apps and/or services.
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
• 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience in communications related products (e.g. IP messaging, voice, and video).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Experience with developer evangelism.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
Back to top