Are you passionate about exploring the connection between physical and digital worlds, and improving nearly everything around us? Are you interested in building systems to help AWS customers create smarter products, operate their factories more efficiently, and delight their customers in meaningful ways? Are you interested in a fast paced role solving significant customer problems leveraging state of the art techniques in the fields of Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and AR/VR? If so, the AWS IoT team is seeking a talented, self-directed Principal Developer Advocate to drive the development and adoption of Amazon IoT Analytics Services. In this role, you will combine your experience with web development frameworks, community engagement, customer education, and enthusiasm for working with developers to generate grassroots attention and support for AWS IoT SiteWise, AWS IoT Events, AWS IoT Analytics, and AWS IoT Things Graph. You will exhibit advocacy, content generation and delivery skills of a traditional developer evangelist with the organizational and delivery skills of a program manager. The role provides a good balance between working with the various Amazon teams internally to shape the product and tools, and talking to industry influencers to help them build solutions using AWA services.
The ideal candidate will possess an IoT and machine learning/data analytics background, and a passion to present, demo and deliver hands on labs. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of IoT and ML services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, C-level executives. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of technology companies and should be able to influence their roadmap in adopting the AWS IoT services.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Help to shape and deliver on our strategy for how to drive developer adoption of AWS IoT Analytics services
• Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to drive adoption of AWS's IoT offerings
• Creating tech talks, live streams, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
• Support the product teams in helping to analyze, update, re-design and create compelling web and online experiences and easy learning opportunities for developers aiming to get started with building IoT solutions.
• Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows and press events
• Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
• Scaling, extending and driving global expansion of existing community focused programs, for example: Hackathons, User Communities
• Seeding the development of tools and code samples contributed to public code repositories and blogs
• Collaborating with internal teams to help define the product road map, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 10+ years relevant work experience in product management, and IoT
• Experience delivering products that incorporate advanced analytical techniques, data-driven decision processes and applied statistical methods
• Experience in leading product development start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Strong technical acumen and understanding of emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, IoT, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, AR/VR etc.
• Work experience delivering one or more V1 products, ideally in a startup or similar setting
• MBA or Master's degree in Technology (Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
• Knowledge of consumer related metrics, funnel analysis, conversion, consumer acquisition and retention and go to market strategies for technology product and services
• Proven success in delivering complex technology products/services in a high growth environment
• Experience designing, operating, or managing industrial products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations. #AWS-FF-PMT