Principal PMT - Alexa Creators
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to shape how podcasters, DJs, and live creators interact with customers over Alexa? The Amazon Alexa team is looking for an innovative Principal Product Manager Technical who can help us Think Big and drive product strategy for the new Alexa Creators Category. We want you to help us shape how customers and creators connect, interact, and discover over Alexa.
In this role, you will own the "Alexa for Creators" initiative and be responsible for crafting a vision, strategy, and roadmap aimed at delivering delightful customer experiences while also driving engagement and monetization in the creator space. You will envision new ways for creators, podcasters, DJs, and others to interact over Alexa, you will partner with a development team to build platform capabilities for radio, music, and podcast providers like Pandora, Spotify, and iHeartRadio, and you will collaborate with partner teams across Amazon undertaking connected initiatives.
You'll work closely with UX to define the vision and work closely with your development team to drive architectural and platform decisions connected to these efforts. You'll be on point for identifying new customer opportunities, translating these needs into business requirements, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch of new features. You will be expected to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals and metrics, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal and external teams. You will be frequently working with senior leadership within Amazon, so written and verbal skills are key. The ideal candidate will possess a strong product leadership background, be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment, and have an innate eye for the needs of creatives/customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering
• 8+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management
• Experience with cloud, mobile, web-based products
• Experience interacting with developers and translating their needs into scoped requirements
• Experience coordinating and driving product development cycles across teams
• An eye for interaction design and user workflows
• MBA or Master's Degree
• Experience in the music, podcast, or creators spaces
• Entrepreneurial, with a track record of shipping products
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and drive structure around ambiguous problems and projects
• A history of excellent judgment, based upon strong market and product vision and excellent data-driven analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top