Principal PM, Amazon Trend Analytics
- Austin, TX
We are an internal startup building a new Insights Service, seeking a Principal, Product Manager. Our team's mission is to take the long view, look around corners and over the horizon for what will be compelling for customers in the future. We obsess over ideas, activities, and trends that could be differentiating for customers. We are highly curious about which external experts, Are Right, A Lot, regarding trends in the spaces in which we operate, and what we can learn from them.
As a Principal, Product Manager, you will design and build a program to gather and interpret qualitative insights from external experts. This role will research Are Right, a Lot expertise across the domains of investing, entrepreneurship, and science to identify the experts that can help us find the most compelling ideas for customers. The role will design and implement programs to engage those experts; and Principal Product Manager will synthesize, and expand on, the ideas uncovered. The audience for these insights are senior leaders.
The Principal Product Manager will raise the bar on Think Big and Earns Trust - and be very comfortable with ambiguity. The Principal Product Manager is passionate about connecting people and facilitating learning through direct interaction, has a high Bias for Action and excels at creatively solving problems on the fly. The Principal Product Manager has exceptional interpersonal skills and is able to crisply articulate complex ideas and plans at the most senior level, both verbally and in writing.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 10+ years of experience in communications, client-development, investor relations, or other external-facing roles.
• MBA or other related Master's degree.
• Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• An informed global perspective on technology, business and science.
• Ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, team-orientated philosophy, and problem solving skills.
• The ability to work in highly ambiguous environments independently with good judgment and resourcefulness.
• A demonstrated track record building high-value, people-centric programs (communications, events e.g.).
• Experience in strategic analysis and delivering insights to senior leadership.
• Demonstrated experience of effectively leveraging and networking with resources, including internal teams and external entities.
• A demonstrated ability to constructively interact at the highest corporate level.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top