Principal PM, Amazon Trend Analytics
- Chennai, India
We are a Day 1 team building a new Insights Service and are seeking a Principal, Product Manager. Our team's mission is to take the long view, look around corners and over the horizon for what will be compelling for customers in the future. We obsess over ideas, activities, and trends that could be differentiating for customers. Our service seeks to distill and crystallize the most compelling ideas for customers to help our businesses maintain a Day 1 mindset on growth and innovation.
As a Principal, Product Manager, you will design signal gathering mechanisms and analyze these signals to help us look around corners in the Enterprise Software space. Your insights will be used by senior business leaders to determine which adjacent and/or greenfield customer needs are most compelling.
The ideal candidate will raise the bar on Think Big, Earns Trust and be very comfortable with ambiguity. The Principal Product Manager has exceptional communications skills and is able to crisply articulate complex ideas and plans at the most senior level, both verbally and in writing. The candidate must possess excellent analytical skills and a track record of delivering projects in a complex and ambiguous environment. Previous product management experience in cloud software would be advantageous for this role.
Deliver data-driven insights on the enterprise software space including defining methodology, data collection, data analysis, customer engagement, and providing recommendations presented to senior leadership.
Innovate on our data collection and signal gathering mechanisms in the enterprise software space.
Create and lead a continuous improvement process for our insights service.
• Minimum 12 years of experience or master's degree and 10 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Deep experience in enterprise cloud software in the areas of product/program management, investment research or consulting.
• Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, and good business acumen
• Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions
• Excellent English writing skills; able to produce and finalize complex documents
• Track record of delivering big results in high paced and highly ambiguous work environment
• Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS)
• Technical background and comfort with new technologies.
• Hands-on experience with software developer tools and cloud technologies.
• An understanding of the architecture of the systems and technologies behind products.
• Ability to influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions.
• Ability to successfully make a case for resource allocation to achieve a desired customer or business outcome.
• Ability to defend a product vision and prioritization to senior leadership
• History of developing business strategy in conjunction with senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top