Principal Partner Solutions Architect, Media & Entertainment
- Munich, Germany
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the Media & Entertainment (M&E) industry? Do you want to work with the some of the most innovative Media and Entertainment companies in the world? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world-class candidate for the role of Partner Solutions Architect focused on Media and Entertainment. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of technological transformations in the Media & Entertainment industry as a key leader.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build, share, and expand the use of Amazon's utility computing web services across the channel partner community. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS partners, from well-established tech giants to innovative startups that were born in the cloud. You will work closely with select partners to dive deep into their product roadmap. You will also have the opportunity to write whitepapers, deliver technical webinars, speak at events, and file patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature.
As a solutions architect, you will be responsible for creating strategy, best practices, and solving complex business challenges focusing on the Media and Entertainment Industry. You will have the opportunity to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through your actions as a key technical leader. You need to be comfortable leading conversations with senior executive leaders and influence their decisions with appropriate technical content and business acumen. You must be self-motivated with a deep understanding of Media and Entertainment industry, use cases, architectures, workflow and ecosystem. Specifically, demonstrate deep technical expertise in two or more areas among Broadcast, Content Production, Media Supply Chain & Archive, Direct to Consumer, and Data Science. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. You should have customer facing skills within a partner organization, deep domain expertise in cloud computing, and be comfortable white boarding complex software architectures and building proof of concept solutions using AWS services. You will get the opportunity to work directly with executives and senior engineers at customers, partners, and AWS service teams.
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA.
Up to 30% domestic travel may be required post-COVID.
• Undergraduate degree or 4+ years' work experience in a technical role
• 10+ years of customer facing experience delivering software architecture
• 7+ years of hands-on software design and implementation experience with knowledge of the software development lifecycle
• 5+ years experience supporting partners and programs
• Experience working with end user or developer communities
• Computer Science, Math, or Technical degree; advanced degree a plus
• 15+ years of customer facing experience including customer engagement at executive level
• Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand, Pay Per View
• Experience with content encoding and transcoding, video codecs and compression, digital rights management, identity management (OAuth, Open ID Connect, SAML, etc.), and Content Delivery Network (CDN)
• Experience writing and publishing technical whitepapers and articles, speaking at technology conferences, and/or contributing to open source
• Experience collaborating across multiple internal organizations, partners, and customers
• Hands on experience with cloud and/or AWS products and services
• Experience architecting and leading complex technical solutions for large organizations
• Influential verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 annually. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top