Principal Partner Solutions Architect - Manufacturing
- Chicago, IL
Are you experienced in manufacturing supply chain, product design, automation, or production operations? Are you passionate about helping manufacturers and suppliers modernize their technology, leverage IoT and Machine Learning technologies?
The Manufacturing industry is under pressure to reinvent itself leveraging digital, cloud, mobile, and IoT technologies. AWS is looking for a technologist who understands business and technology trends impacting the Manufacturing industry, to build solutions with leading technology and consulting companies. You will be leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions for our partners, shape the future industry solutions ecosystem, and address changing industry business needs.
As a solutions architect focused on Manufacturing partners, you will have the exciting opportunity to support our partners disrupt traditional approaches to manufacturing supply chain, product design, automation, or production operations. You will be able to establish customer and partner trust, and nurture adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform across AWS's most strategic Manufacturing technology partners.
As the right candidate, you will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. Furthermore, having an understanding of the broad Manufacturing sub-segments (e.g. process manufacturing, discrete manufacturing, traditional auto, aerospace, OEMs, and hi-tech) will be helpful. Experience with the cloud isn't a requirement but familiarity with it impact on the manufacturing industry is valuable.
This position may be based out of any location with a local Amazon office, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA; Irvine, CA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Herndon, VA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Detroit, MI.
Up to 30% travel is required.
• 10+ years of highly technical and analytical IT experience.
• 5+ years of design & implementation experience with distributed applications.
• 5+ years of technical knowledge of Manufacturing industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystem.
• Experience in the Manufacturing industry or in consulting with customers in the Manufacturing the industry.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Working knowledge of cloud technologies.
• An advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics.
• Experience working within software development for SaaS applications.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• 3+ years of experience building and designing solutions that run in virtualized environments.
• Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is highly desired, including: database systems, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present AWS technical benefits.
• Excellent understanding of advanced analytic techniques such as machine learning models, deep learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, and the application of these analytic approaches to manufacturing workloads.
• Organized and goal focused, ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300.00 annually. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top