Principal Modernization Architect
- New York, NY
Are you a Software Engineering Executive (CIO/CTO/VP or equivalent) who has led successful Digital Transformation initiatives at a Global 2000 (or comparable) company? Are you looking to scale that expertise across a number of different companies? Can you lead a skeptical customer through engagements related to IT strategy, business-IT governance, and organizational change management as they transition to a Cloud computing model? Can you collaborate with both business and technology executives to shape their highly-visible, highly-impactful projects that are transforming their organization and potentially an entire industry?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to drive enterprise transformation and lead a portfolio of largescale modernization projects. You will partner with customers, AWS Sales, and several other AWS teams to develop and execute highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer migration and modernization use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS. As trusted customer advocates, the Global Migration & Modernization Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud, and how to modernize them for optimal performance and cost. You will help shape and execute a strategy to deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
We are seeking outcome driven and customer obsessed experts who are passionate about:
• Engaging deeply with C-level executives to define and execute enterprise-wide transformation programs
• Identifying motivators and drivers for cloud adoption and unlocking business value for our customers; Creating compelling business cases for the transition to the cloud
• Collaborating with other Professional Services specialist teams to drive and shape solutions to accelerate our customer's business outcomes
• Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to institutional strategies and policies
• Enabling the People change critical to sustained business performance: Skills, Capabilities, and organizational design
In this role, you will be part of a team that develops customer solutions, service offerings, communities of practice, and prescriptive guidance to accelerate customer value through modern application development platforms, patterns, and practices. The team will identify barriers to enterprise adoption and develops repeatable strategies and mechanisms to overcome these barriers. Increasingly, developers are moving to a "cloud native" application development approach.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with AWS field teams, service teams, pre-sales, specialist Solution Architects, partners and support teams to help partners and customers learn and build modernization offerings around Containers, Serverless, Microservices, decomposing databases to modern data architectures.
• Design Customer Solutions to accelerate the adoption of Amazon Elastic Container Service, Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service, AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Registry, and AWS App Mesh by building packaged offerings.
• Build the feature definition and roadmap development and prioritization for offerings
• Define business metrics and guide the broader display business with data. Represent the quality and growth of creatives in organization-wide business reviews and documents.
• Work with Global Migration team, AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps and improving migration program success.
• Work with peers in the Modernization Practice to develop cross-functional ability to augment each other's roles when necessary or so as to provide perspective for improvement.
Basic Qualifications :
• Maintaining C-level relationships with peers, stakeholders, boardrooms, and/or customers, often becoming the "trusted advisor"
• Implementing large-scale enterprise IT change management programs
• Owning and executing on organizational change management for an overall transformation
• Customer facing experience, including discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Experience track record of managing and delivering large-scale IT projects including definition and execution of successful project controls on a large scale;
• 15+ years of implementation/consulting experience;
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale;
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPPA etc.);
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required. Scrum Master experience a plus;
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries; and
• BS level technical degree required or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired.
• Masters/ Computer Science / MBA degree
• Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure;
• Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions;
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services;
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs;
• International sales and delivery experience w/ global F500 enterprise customers and partners;
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments;
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc;
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments with Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc;
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations; and
• Advanced degrees in engineering and/or business.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top