Principal Machine Learning Scientist
- North Reading, MA
Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
What you will do
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented Principal Machine Learning Scientist who will define and drive the Machine Learning strategy across the robotics organization. In this role you will partner with business and engineering leaders to establish organizational Machine Learning best practices, influence key investments and be a key driver in our most important and critical deliverables. This position will focus on strategically applying the state of the art in Machine Learning to some of our most core business critical problems.
Who you are
You are a leader in Machine Learning who has the innate ability to see around corners and know what is coming. You formulate strategies, influence teams to invest in problem spaces that are not yet fully defined and are always looking over the horizon. You're not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get hands on.
You are someone who is most excited at the intersection of engineering and science. Designing and delivering Machine Learning powered products gets you out of bed every morning. You will be a key driver of Amazon Robotics' push into innovative new robotic solutions within Amazon's fulfillment network.
• 10+ years of combined academic and applied research experience
• PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Math or in a relevant field
• A strong track record of defining and executing on strategic initiatives
• A proven track record of influencing and impacting product strategy across the organization
• Deep and broad expertise in applying Machine Learning in the wild across more than one domain
• A proven track record in leading the design, development and delivery of machine learning powered systems
• Experience bridging the divide between the theoretical and the applied
• Experience distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Experience identifying new business and existing opportunities where Machine Learning can play a role in taking an existing product to the next level
• Experience influencing broad organizations to adopt engineering and scientific best practices
• Proven ability to establish and foster working relationships with scientists at academic institutions
• Experience coaching and mentoring more junior scientists
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top