Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, mobile applications, and the Internet-of-Things (IoT)? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together IoT/Mobile devices and data? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an IoT architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based IoT solutions.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solution architects, and our IoT service team to drive mobile-related adoption and revenue. This will include showcasing service such as AWS IoT, Cognito, API Gateway, and Lambda.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by engaging with companies and app developers building IoT and Mobile solutions? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as the preferred platform for IoT and Mobile solutions?
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large public sector organizations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers using AWS IoT and Mobile Services.
• Help develop an overall IoT and Mobile ecosystem engagement strategy.
• In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of AWS.
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS community.
• Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blogs, whitepapers.
• Experience developing IoT and Mobile solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 12+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
• 10+ years of experience in application architecture, database architecture, and networking.
• Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions.
• Understanding of emerging IoT and Mobile technologies and communications protocols.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
• Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as FedRAMP and HIPAA.
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle.
• Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M industry (i.e. home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
• Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development.
• Experience programming applications backed by cloud services.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.