Principal Innovation Advisory Consultant
- San Francisco, CA
Would you like to help our customers innovate and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services as a means to help drive innovation? Would you like to enable some of the largest enterprises in the world transform how they design, develop, and launch new products? Have you been a part of an early stage organization and taken products from ideas on paper with no resources to in market products with bar raising teams behind them?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring an Innovation Advisor with a successful record of leading enterprise customers through a variety of innovation, product, and transformative projects, enabling them to be more agile, experimental, and customer-centric. As a member of this team, you will help form and execute within US-West's Customer Delivery Architect Innovation team. You think strategically and analytically about our customer's business and technical challenges and form innovative ideas to solve them. You have a keen sense of ownership and entrepreneurship, hire and lead great people and, most importantly, you know how to earn trust, think big, and work cross-organizationally to deliver results.
The right candidate will have experience leading large-scale innovation programs, building and leading teams, while still able to design and execute lean experiments to build customer confidence in doing things in new ways. This includes a proven track record of developing enterprise-wide innovation programs, product management leadership, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions with a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
• Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships within customer organization
• Influence and guide senior customer executives on innovation, and cloud practices
• Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise sales managers to develop strong customer and partner relationships and build a growing business in US-West
• Sell consulting engagements - proving the value of AWS services to support new distributed computing models.
• Coach and teach - collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services.
• Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of customized engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
• Lead great people - attract top talent to build high performing teams of innovation consultants, and outstanding customer relationship skills
• Represent AWS best-practices around innovation, product management, software engineering, data and analytics, and other platform capabilities to work
• Help develop and improve our execution model based on engagement experience
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed".
• 10+ years of product/information design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications
• 10+ years of user experience design and business integration
• Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Practical knowledge of Agile project management and software development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe.
• 7+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
• Expertise in product management and human-centered design concepts
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud and/or operating solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top