Principal Infrastructure Business Development
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Service (AWS) is a comprehensive, evolving, and growing business unit within Amazon.com which provides cloud services. Since early 2006, AWS has provided a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. If you are interested in a career working in a high growth, fast paced and Customer focused work environment then AWS may be the right fit for you.
Do you have the Real Estate and business background, development experience, financial expertise, legal comprehension and technical understanding necessary to grow Amazon's AWS infrastructure platform? The AWS Global Infrastructure Team is looking for a talented Real Estate Principal. In this role, you will have the opportunity to design, shape and execute on strategies to expand our Data Center portfolio and related infrastructure. The Real Estate Principal champions new initiatives for the team, oversees strategic initiatives and coordinates & communicates across internal teams and/or departments. They contribute to forming long-term corporate strategy and goals while partnering with senior personnel in other Amazon organizations to build support for cross-functional project initiatives. You will help develop where we go and how we get there most efficiently, cost effectively and with the highest possible customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will possess a real estate, development, business, financial, strategic and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement and develop strategic alternatives from inception to conclusion. He/she should have a background in negotiating multimillion dollar contracts for real estate and infrastructure transactions. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, market, and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling value strategy plans.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Works to provide a path to design, build, and operate the best data centers in the world. Are expected to regularly interact with senior and executive level management on matters concerning functional areas, divisions, or customers. Can work with highest levels of management to resolve business-critical issues. Are influential with executive-level leadership while communicating effectively across a diverse audience and have the ability to influence decision makers.
• Will dive deep on significant and unique issues where no current best practices exist in the data center space. This work requires exceptional creativity and high judgment while operating autonomously and with discretion. Discerns impact and consequence of decisions.
• Using their broad expertise and understanding of business drivers, coordinates the activities of teams of various disciplines to achieve Amazon's technical & strategic vision. Will develop long-term strategies and influence leadership decisions.
• Serves as escalation point and resource across teams on the largest and most complex issues while they help create and develop team vision and goals.
Qualities of a Real Estate Principal
• Exemplary Practitioner - Principals are hands-on and lead by example.
• Technically Fearless - Principals tackle intrinsically hard problems, venturing beyond comfortable approaches when necessary.
• Balanced and Pragmatic - Principals are pragmatic problem solvers. They simplify processes and technologies while advocating a long-term view.
• Learn, Educate, and Advocate - Principals are constantly learning. They seek technical knowledge and educate the entire organization about trends, technologies, and approaches.
• Have Resounding Impact - Without seeking the spotlight, Principals make a lasting impact that echoes through the technology, the product, and the company.
• Willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional certification in Real Estate Development, or Management or a related field.
• 10+ years of commercial real estate, including development, leasing, purchasing, entitlements, capital markets, negotiations, solving hard problems. Preferably in the industrial or data center market segment.
• 10+ years of preparing, review and negotiating financial analysis of potential global deal structures
• Knowledgeable across all aspects of data center engineering & operations, globally.
• Experience with industrial real estate and land negotiations highly preferred.
• Demonstrated history of successful projects.
• International real estate experience a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Proficiency in strong research and strategic analysis skills.
• Strong writing skills. Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in written form.
• MBA or Masters degree in Real Estate Development, or Urban Planning or a related field.
• Data center development experience.
• International real estate experience in EMEA & APAC regions.
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to provide big picture insights from multiple sources of data.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, manage time effectively and be a self-starter.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top