Principal HRBP, ASEAN
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Using AWS, companies can requisition compute power, storage, and other services gaining access to a global computing infrastructure that is the backbone of Amazon.com's multi-billion dollar retail business. Today, AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers millions of active monthly customers from start-ups to multi-national corporations to governments.
AWS is looking for an exceptional Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to drive the development and implementation of the HR strategy in support of our AWS team in ASEAN.
In this position, you will partner with various business leaders along with their respective leadership teams to develop and execute the Organizational and HR strategies that foster growth, drive results and increase organizational effectiveness. You must be able to understand business priorities and translate them into a people agenda that supports the business. You will also be responsible for implementing annual HR programs such as performance reviews, promotions, compensation planning and succession planning, as well as action plans resulting from talent reviews as well as employee/manager feedback with your client groups. You will partner with your clients throughout the planning and execution of these programs, tying them back to the business priorities and long term goals. You will also work to review and advise on organizational design and structure, provide change leadership and management coaching, as well as design and deliver organizational interventions and management training. The individual in this role will play a key role in building up the remote ASEAN AWS sites in various areas like pre-legal entity set-up, post-legal entity set up, culture building/assimilation as well as employee engagement. In this role, you will have the opportunity to participate in regional projects and in the development and implementation of internal processes, policies and programs as they may relate to benefits/compensation, employee engagement, career development and employee/manager development.
We are looking for a Human Resource professional who has the ability to diagnose issues, use data and insights to develop appropriate solutions and influence outcomes. The individual in this role must be able to interface effectively with leaders, peers and employees at all levels of the organization. You will need strategic thinking, business acumen, excellent communication and influencing skills, strong problem solving skills, the ability to think and plan for the long term.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applied business knowledge to work with management team and the HR team to develop and drive organization and people strategies, solutions and plans
• Partner with business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, talent management and competency development to optimize for business objectives and global/market expansion.
• Sets HR strategy and goals, integrating HR/Amazon organization wide-priorities.
• Partners with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on talent development and performance management.
• Provide management coaching to business leaders, and help drive leader/manager onboarding in line with Amazon's Leadership Principles.
• Assess business' people training needs and facilitate group training sessions as appropriate.
• Review and analyze business and people metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
• Provide compensation counsel and support including salary planning, review and approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
• Work with leaders, line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
• Degree or certification in Human Resources Management or related field.
• Candidate should have at least 15-20 years of experience in a HRBP role
• Broad knowledge and experience in human resource management
• Experience partnering with multiple business leaders in a complex and fast paced business setting which is in high growth mode
• Strong business partnering skills and HR acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking abilities, coaching skills, project management abilities
• Knowledge of employment law in Singapore and various ASEAN countries
• Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization and across countries to achieve results
• Excellent communication (verbal, written and listening) and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently
• Able to travel, as appropriate. This is not extensive.
• Experience working in a high-tech environment
• Experience delivering and facilitating training
• Team building and team development capabilities
• Change management capabilities
• HR Experience in ASEAN would be a plus
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."
Back to top