Principal Hardware Product Manager - Tech, Amazon Scout
- Seattle, WA
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system Amazon Scout designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: amazon.com/scout
As a Principal Technical Product Manager, Robotics, you will define the requirements for a new class of autonomous delivery system. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to solve exciting hardware and software challenges. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment.
In this role, you will:
• Coordinate with hardware and software engineering teams to develop product features that improve the performance of the Amazon fulfillment network.
• Define business and product requirements for a roadmap of devices.
• Communicate goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams to gain buy-in and delivery to project schedules.
• Navigate through ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Deliver results on a complex project involving teams across the company
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline
• 7+ years of product management experience with a focus on products including both hardware and software components.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
• Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop a business case.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop project business cases, and measure success.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• MBA or Master's degree
• A keen and flexible intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
• Experience in product management with advanced and/or emerging technologies
• Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct feedback early in the product development process
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
• Strong bias for action; ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top