Principal GTMS - EC2
- Amman, Jordan
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like NetFlix, Pintrest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram, as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
AWS is looking for an experienced candidate to join our Platform Business Development team focused on the Big Data market. Working hand in hand with our product team, sales teams, and solution architects, you will help customers leverage the scale and capabilities of EC2 to deploy their Big Data workloads on AWS. Your background in cloud-friendly, scalable architectures will help customers understand how to scale their infrastructure on the cloud.
Leveraging your excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will drive go to market programs, build sales enablement tools, and evangelize our platform with our customers and valued partners. You will use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs, and identify new opportunities with a specific focus on helping our customers take advantage of EC2 for Big Data workloads. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers - from the world's hottest startups to the largest enterprises - to understand their requirements and turn them into reality.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with engineers who want to expand their use of EC2. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and Bias for Action is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with dev teams inside AWS customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, especially EC2, and that they have the technical resources required.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS Platform Business Development team focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
• Help define and prioritize market segments and workloads for EC2, including addressing audiences like Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Scientists.
• Set a strategic business development plan for Big Data workloads on EC2 and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Work yourself out of a job by training the sales and technical field on how to identify and execute on EC2 Big Data opportunities.
• Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
• Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
• 10+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• 5+ years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• • Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is a key.
• The right person will help identify use cases and market segments and develop a go-to-market strategy to drive growth. This person will be technical and analytical, and possess significant business development, enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.Experience selling to and/or working with Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
• Experience with cloud computing and or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
• MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the support market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a strong preference for San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX, Seattle, WA or New York, NY.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top