Principal GTM Readiness, Business Development- New Services
- Seattle, WA
Self-starter who operates both strategically and tactically sought for Principal GTM Readiness role to drive adoption for net new services for Amazon Web Services' (AWS) Worldwide Services Business Development team. This strategic role requires the ability to envisage and develop new opportunities, and the combination of character, judgment, people skills, organization, and ambition.
As Principal GTM Readiness, Business Development, you lead go to market (GTM) planning and early market readiness efforts, including driving strategy, awareness, adoption, and growth of lighthouse customers and ecosystem partnerships. You will lead sales enablement efforts to prepare the field for solution selling, creating new scaling processes and mechanisms. This involves creating strong partnerships with service and sales teams to develop a pipeline focused on revenue and adoption.
In addition, you drive the creation and management of strategic mechanisms for this rapidly growing and evolving organization, as well as orchestrate and own complex cross-team programs. You work alongside worldwide organizational leaders, taking on a range of responsibilities and owning multiple projects and programs. You help develop and execute the team's strategy, ensuring cross-functional coordination and alignment, and launch key initiatives.
You have a proven track record and background of successfully working cross-functionally, including teaming with AWS Service Product Managers, Solutions Architects, Training, Sales, Partners, as well as engagements at the CxO level within our largest/strategic AWS accounts. Your technical background gives you the confidence to lead conversations, and advise customer developers and technical architects. You have a history of establishing new business via focused acceleration mechanisms and broad partnerships.
Our ideal candidate has a background that validates interaction at the executive level, as well as the technical knowledge to work with both our product development teams and customers building solutions with our new services. You have in-depth market and business development experience that enables customers to build scalable and secure services in the AWS cloud. You are comfortable structuring and writing detailed narratives and market analysis, constructing and negotiating deals, and simplifying and implementing business processes.
Strong preference this role sit in Seattle - may begin remotely. Relocation assistance to Seattle within the US. Other locations: Virtual - US near an AWS Corporate office.
• 8+ years' experience leading strategic, go to market (GTM) plans for cloud or similar services
• 8+ years' business development, enterprise solutions sales, strategic partnerships, management consulting, or program/product management experience
• 8+ years' experience working with emerging cloud solutions, including a solid understanding of cloud computing technology
• Experience selling cloud or managed services solutions in the technology industry
• A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required, or 4+ years' equivalent professional experience
• 15+ years' leading strategic, go to market (GTM) plans for cloud or similar services
• 15+ years' experience with cloud computing solutions or software as a service (and related fields); must be able to understand and articulate the business value & technical overview
• 15+ years' experience in sales/sales management in infrastructure or cloud solutions
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, including strong presentation skills, preparing and presenting business narrative reviews to senior management and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
• Strong analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful, strategic insights to drive business recommendations and/or customer adoption
• MBA or equivalent, or additional 6+ years' relevant business experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Back to top