Are you interested in helping to shape the future of Elasticsearch, one of the most widely adopted and important open source technologies in the last 10 years? Do you want to help build a true open source community that not only protects companies that have invested in Apache-2.0 licensed Elasticsearch but that continues to evolve, innovate and provide cutting edge features?
We are looking for a principal to lead the go-to-market for OpenSearch, our newly announced Apache-2.0 licensed fork of Elasticsearch and Kibana. Elasticsearch is an increasingly important technology for search and analytics on machine-generated data. Developers and engineers built solutions using open source Elasticsearch to gain timely insights into their applications, infrastructure, and security. As Elasticsearch is no longer be available under an Apache-2.0 license, our team built OpenSearch. OpenSearch is an Apache 2.0-licensed fork of Elasticsearch and Kibana with enhanced with enterprise security, alerting, SQL, machine learning capabilities and more. We are leading a community effort to evolve OpenSearch and ensure there a path forward for users who rely on the freedoms provided by the open source license.
At AWS, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. The Amazon OpenSearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
As a product management leader, you will part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
- Develop go-to-market plans for OpenSearch
- Own plan and execution to drive OpenSearch.org site
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time
- Apply understanding of industry and competitive context to shape messaging about how our solutions address the community needs
- Design and implement campaigns, programs, and events that drive adoption, awareness, and community success; measure and communicate results
- Own and craft content for channels including Web, social media, and events to put go-to-market plans into action
- Scale go-to-market efforts through community enablement and AWS internal enablement activities
- Work directly open source community users, contributors and partners to shape the future direction of the initiative
- Responsible for defining product features and releases
- Work directly with engineering to build exceptional products
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- MBA or Advanced Degree in CS or related field
- 7+ years of Product Management or product marketing leadership experience
- 5+ years of PM or PMM experience with databases or search related technologies
- 5+ years of experience with public cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with open source communities a big plus
- Experience with distributed systems and log analytics a big plus
- Experience with machine learning in analytical systems a big plus