Principal, Global Talent Program Management
Do you have passion about developing and retaining technical talent on a global scale? Are you experienced at driving innovative programs? Have you been able to execute and influence across multiple organizations, leaders and geographies? At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our innovative technologies, extensive global retail selection, and world class operations to deliver to our customers. Driving all of our businesses are our talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers.
Amazon is seeking a senior leader to own and drive broad initiatives associated with the tech employee experience. This involves partnering closely with the tech teams and Voice of the Developer initiative to identify needs that are specific to tech and driving the strategy and implementation to address those pain points. This role will partner closely with HRBPs and talent management teams to connect the dots between company-wide initiatives, locally developed initiatives and what should be done in tech for the organization. You will own a portfolio of projects ranging from tactical to strategic. For example: enabling transitions in and out of tech, our approach to leading tech teams, defining and instilling tech in acquisitions and subsidiaries, etc.
This role requires strong prioritization and project management skills coupled with high influence and communication. It will include acting as advisor to other initiatives involving or affecting tech and owning the development of strategies to be handed back to the business and/or Tech HR where there is a need. Given this, you will need to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and operating in a highly matrixed environment.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate analytical and creative skills. This role requires you to effectively navigate between multiple priorities and to anchor your recommendation in data. You must be able to interface effectively and communicate convincingly with professionals at all levels. You will have demonstrated the ability to work well in both a small team and large, cross-functional environment. The right candidate will also have a track record of project management and program ownership, driving measurable results from inception through completion.
Critical Responsibilities and Skills:
- Analyze data to identify pain points related to the tech employee experience;
- Create plan and priorities to address identified pain points;
- Devise mechanisms to measure success and adoption of the initiatives;
- Partner with Engineering Excellence, Voice of the Developer and HR teams to measure impact of the initiatives on the tech community;
- Keep a pulse on the tech community in order to anticipate needs, future iterations and maintain relevance of your interventions;
- Build and expand talent management toolkits and self-service resources while ensuring accuracy and impact of all materials;
- Work with HR teams to identify processes requiring consistency in approach; develop tools and resources to leverage;
- Contribute to tech community and act as advisor to other tech support functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree;
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience in HR;
- Experience in people leadership, career development, performance modeling and/or talent management in a fast paced global environment;
- Experience with building and implementing programs on a global scale, with a track record of measurable results and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities. Ability to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results;
- Experience with managing and coordinating cross-functional projects as well as negotiating and influencing others, especially indirect resources;
- Presentation caliber verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated compelling written communication skills;
- Disciplined self-starter; resourceful and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing objectives.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- Experience supporting global technical teams
- Advanced MS Excel, SharePoint, or similar suite skills.
- PeopleSoft core systems, ePerformance, and Compensation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top