Principal Global Expansion Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure Global Expansion team is seeking a "Principal Global Expansion Manager" to develop comprehensive infrastructure strategies to launch new AWS regions globally. In this role, you will be collaborating with internal and external stakeholders in AWS to develop the infrastructure strategy for launching new AWS regions in alignment with a long-term roadmap and the business strategy.
Time to launch, efficiency and scalability are some of the key parameters that define a successful strategy. In order to be successful in delivering these strategies, you will be closely partnering with many internal teams like Networking, Real Estate, Contracts, Construction, Product and Services groups, Business Development and Marketing, and Operations to name a few. This position is part of highly visible expansion program and will require communications with senior leaders within AWS.
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills, with strong executive presence, and an ability to customize messages to different layers within a large organization
- Strong consensus building skills when dealing with internal customers, stakeholders and team members
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement and developing key performance indicators
- Ability to recognize and resolve resource and schedule conflicts
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent judgment, decision-making skills, and the ability to work under continual timeline pressure
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through turbulence & ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing the environment.
- Proven ability to drive large-scale projects with strong competencies in collaboration and leadership.
- BE/BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of exposure to cloud computing technologies
- Awareness of AWS products and business model
- MBA or Masters in any field
- Financial analysis and modeling experience
- Business development experience with international exposure
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top