Come build the future with us! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of business acumen, technical expertise, and strong interpersonal skills. In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic, creative, and willing to take on any challenge. You will make a big impact as you work directly with some of our largest global enterprise customers. You will be their trusted customer advocate and help them set their cloud strategy to achieve their most critical business objectives. You will partner with other AWS teams to craft scalable and performant cloud solutions in the areas of Supply Chain, Sustainability, Smart Manufacturing, Digital Transformation, and large-scale enterprise migrations. Our customers are the lighthouses in their respective industries and if you have what it takes to lead these critical customers, AWS is hiring Principal Enterprise Architects. The ability to connect technologies to measurable business value is a critical skill for the Solutions Architecture (SA) function. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business challenges and articulate technical solutions to solve those problems. As a trusted customer advocate, you will develop the technology strategy for our largest global enterprise customers in a complex and multi-faceted environment. You will interface with customer executives to build relationships and enable them as cloud advocates. You will help the customer design advanced cloud-based solutions, implement cutting-edge technologies, adopt cloud best practice designs, migrate existing enterprise workloads to the cloud, and design cloud-native SaaS applications - then you will share your best practices with the broader AWS SA community. As a senior member of the team, you will drive customer satisfaction and revenue growth across a wide portfolio of customers. You will interact, communicate, and partner with other AWS departments such as services teams, marketing, and professional services to represent your team to AWS executive management. You will think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges and have a passion for educating, training, and designing cloud solutions for enterprise customers. You will work internally within our team to mentor and guide Solutions Architects who are early in their careers. You will help them gain business acumen to augment their technical skills, show them how to think strategically with their customers, and share best practices for executive customer engagements. Open to traveling up to 30% domestic with some international.
- 10+ year's design/implementation/consulting experience of large-scale, enterprise applications
- 4+ years' experience working with multi-national customers in support of technology sales
- Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
- Technical degree required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Exposure to large Industrial and Manufacturing organizations is preferred
- Demonstrated experience articulating thought leadership in various technology domains with the ability to engage and influence C-Level technical and business executives.
- Ability to think strategically, while acting tactically, to solve business and technical challenges
- Excellent communication skills across internal and external organizations with the ability to articulate complex topics to cross- functional audiences
- Passion for evangelizing technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information on technologies and/or business models to enhance your architectures
- Experience designing/implementing multiple, different enterprise-grade architectures to include application, infrastructure, database and organizational components.
- Demonstrated experience delivering large, complex transformation projects tied to strong customer business objectives
- Large-scale data center evacuation or application migration/modernization projects involving on-premises, public cloud and hybrid cloud environments is a plus
- Understanding of architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies that highlight the interaction of technology with common Enterprise Architecture frameworks with demonstrated technical depth implementing 3 or more of those technology domains
- Exposure to Big Data Analytics, Industry 4.0, Robotics, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Omnichannel AI/ML, IoT/IIoT is a plus
- Professional experience in architecting solutions built on AWS is a plus