Principal EC2 Product Management
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on our industry leading cloud infrastructure. Customers around the world rely on EC2 to provide elastic, high performance, secure and cost effective resources to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their changing business needs, Within EC2, you will work with a team that delivers one of the broadest portfolio of compute products and services in the cloud, with diverse customers ranging from startups to well-known enterprises. As a member of the broader EC2 Product Management team, you'll join other dedicated product and engineering leaders to create the future of the computing platform.
We are looking for an experienced, creative, visionary, and customer-centric Senior Manager, Product Management to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible to manage and grow a team of talented and experienced product managers. You will help define and champion the vision and own the portfolio across a range of EC2 compute offerings across compute, storage, network and accelerated computing. You will be responsible for end to end portfolio ownership of current and new platforms targeting a broad spectrum of customer workloads across mission critical, enterprise workloads and emerging domains (e.g. SAP, HPC, ML/AI, Edge etc.). You will work on expanding into new segments and intercepting emerging technologies to help meet critical customer requirements, incentivizing new migrations to the EC2 cloud, and helping drive the overall business. You will have strong ownership over portfolio strategy, product definition, feature prioritization, messaging, pricing, adoption, customer interaction, sales enablement, and team development. You will work with stakeholders across AWS as well as outside of Amazon.
This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS and Amazon.com leadership. Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and is deeply passionate about building great teams that deliver the highest quality services.
• Lead a team of Product Managers.
• Lead the definition and execution of the product strategy for the EC2 compute platform.
• Define and gather the necessary inputs to make high-quality product and roadmap decisions.
• Work with leaders across AWS, Amazon, and our partners to drive towards our vision.
• Define project requirements, priorities, methods for measurement and track their execution and success.
• Communicate with senior management on project status, strategy, risks, and issues.
• Work closely with multiple engineering teams and designers to deliver results to customer.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 10+ years of product management experience
• Possess 5+ years of industry experience in Data Center/Enterprise Computing
• Prior experience in building/leading high performance teams.
• MBA or Master's degree
• Experience delivering enterprise, infrastructure, compute products and services in a high growth environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Experience with influencing and working with large, external companies.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top