Are you excited about partnering with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Defense industry to drive high-visibility and strategic programs and projects? Are you equally comfortable working with design and development teams to meet business requirements? If so, the AWS Federal Delivery Office DoD Program Management Office is looking for a Principal for DoD Accreditation with a proven record of delivering results for strategic cross-functional projects.
This position focuses on the strategic accreditation of AWS services and engagement with key DoD Authorizing Officials. This role requires influential, cross-functional leadership across diverse teams to solve complex problems. It involves resolving accreditation challenges through influential leadership and the coordination across teams such as sales, security compliance, business operations, legal, solution architects, and software development. It entails regular communication with senior management on project status, business opportunities and risks.
We seek an innovative strategic leader who has experience in delivering solutions to the DoD. To be successful in this position, the candidate must have the ability to solve complex, technical/non-technical problems with simple and practical solutions. This person must be comfortable with ambiguity and display a willingness to dive deep to uncover additional insights into such problems. A strong candidate is customer-obsessed and displays a bias for action in everything they do. The ability to effectively communicate with senior leadership is key to success.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US citizen and currently possess and maintain an active Secret security clearance.
• 8+ years of knowledge of government Authorizing Official (AO) authorities and responsibilities as well as mechanisms to accelerate accreditation
• 8+ years of experience and a deep understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks (RMF, FedRAMP, DoD CC SRG, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171), disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• 8+ years of experience with AWS cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development, and operational management practices and frameworks • 8+ years of knowledge of DoD IT accreditation and security compliance programs
• 8+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Secret or above.
• 2+ years' experience as a U.S. Government Authorizing Official
• 8+ years' experience in cybersecurity, risk and compliance frameworks in DoD or defense industry
• Experience managing defense projects built using cloud technologies; understands the accreditation challenges involved with providing technical solutions to DoD
• Familiarity with cybersecurity best practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
• Demonstrated maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
• Demonstrated track record of delivering results in ambiguous situations
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment that changes daily
• The ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
• Possess self-drive to keep things moving forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Completed Master's degree from an accredited university
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.