DESCRIPTION Do you enjoy leading, guiding, and influencing customers and team members throughout the DevOps journey? As a Principal DevOps Architect, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the world's most complex challenges. You will apply your deep technical expertise to solve cloud-based solutions at scale. You will lead customers through transforming their business with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions. In parallel, you will be a DevOps thought-leader for AWS. You will be a strategic member of the leadership team where you drive the DevOps vision for the organization.
The Principal DevOps Architect is a leader with an established record of DevOps organizational transformation and cloud adoption with enterprise level customers. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and advising C-level executives, evangelizing enterprise cloud based DevOps transformations, and pioneering the latest DevOps industry standards.
As a Principal DevOps Architect, you will be expected to:
• Own the quality of DevOps architecture and design.
• Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
• Lead and contribute to define industry standards and AWS DevOps offerings.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Lead technical and design discussions with Executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
• Serve as a thought leader and SME for DevOps industry trends, new and existing technology offerings, and architectural concepts.
• Advise on implementing AWS best practices and provide architectural governance.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team members work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and domestically. As such, team members will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or 15+ years of professional or military experience.
• 12+ years of software development or application engineering in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object oriented language.
• 8+ years of experience as a technical advisor.
• Experience with architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
• Experience architecting cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
• Architectural leadership experience with microservices and distributed applications, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
• Leader in demonstrating agility through various delivery and implementation methodologies.
• Computer Science or Engineering background.
• Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, release manager, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms.
• Experience architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform.
• Experience designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies.
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing and horizontal scalability.
• Experience with Configuration Management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible).
• Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers.
• Participant in speaking engagements, published work, published blogs, and/or acquired patents, demonstrating industry notoriety.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.