Are you interested in influencing the way people think about deploying applications in the cloud? Are you a passionate developer who wants to help build a community of some of the brightest minds in the industry? Are you excited about being hands on with new technology including containers, serverless, machine learning, microservices, and modern application development? If so, come join the AWS CloudFormation team and help us redefine how developers provision applications on AWS.
AWS CloudFormation Developer Advocacy team is seeking a talented, self-directed Principal Developer Advocate to join in the effort in driving the development and adoption of CloudFormation through community engagement (see more here: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/ ). In this role, you will exhibit advocacy, content generation and delivery skills of a traditional developer evangelist with the organizational and delivery skills of a program manager. The role provides a good balance between working with the various Amazon teams internally to shape the product and tools, and talking to industry influencers to help them build solutions using AWS's CloudFormation service. In this role, you will combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm for developers with your creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for CloudFormation.
Ideally, you are someone who can build tools and content for developers and seed developer communities and programs around a technology you believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers and other technologists, but are equally at home working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, this is your dream job.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Shape and deliver on our strategy for how to drive developer adoption of CloudFormation
• Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to drive adoption of AWS's CloudFormation
• Create tech talks, live streams, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
• Support product teams in helping analyze, update, re-design and easy learning opportunities for developers aiming to get started with building CloudFormation templates
• Gain industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows and press events
• Maintain a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
• Scale, extend and drive global expansion of existing community focused programs, for example: Hackathons, User Communities
• Seed the development of tools and code samples contributed to public code repositories by working with the open source developer community
• Collaborate with internal teams to help define the product road map, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team is focused on balancing life with work, and does this via work
autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship and Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS's success is its top-tier product management culture. You will have the opportunity work with multiple AWS product management leaders that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of engineers and managers that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast-growing product.
Inclusive Work Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
• 10+ years' experience as a software development, operations, data, or security engineer
• A willingness to travel and the ability to work autonomously
• Experience with project/goal management and tracking
• Strong technical acumen and understanding of emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, open source software, or software as a service
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• 10+ years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role
• 3+ years' experience hands-on with 1 or more public cloud provider
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences, with the ability to dive-deep on technical and architectural details with customers
• Focus in one or more of the following: Security, Data Engineering/Analytics, Distributed systems architectures, DevOps
• Experience writing code, committing to open source projects, understanding of the community mechanisms of open source projects Expert level experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go, C#/.Net, PHP
• Experience creating and delivering content to technical audiences in person or virtually
• Active participant in social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Medium, GitHub, and Twitch
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.