Principal Data and Analytics Strategist
- London, United Kingdom
The Emerging Technologies & Intelligent Platform (ETIP) portfolio of AWS Professional Services includes technologies such as IoT, AI/ML, Data Analytics, High Performance Compute. AWS EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) Professional Services team is looking for an experienced data and analytics strategist to guide AWS customers in accelerating their journey towards building data-driven organizations. The strategy consultant becomes a trusted advisor to our customers and shapes high impact digital projects, provides guidance on how to enable teams to use data effectively, maintain appropriate enterprise governance, understands the requirements of data science teams, and creates alignment among customer's stakeholders to address resistance to change and provide a clear, executable vision for transition to cloud computing model. The strategist operates effectively at multiple levels of the organization and can address concerns from senior executives, data science practitioners, and established platform teams.
As part of AWS professional services, ETIP team takes ownership of customer business outcomes; focusing on performance, scalability, management, and serviceability of products through assembling, creating and sharing effective content and best practices. As part of this team, the data strategist will work closely with colleagues in Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and industry teams to define and provide comprehensive data-enabled solutions. The consultant will collaborate closely with Professional Services Country/region leadership, Account Managers, Specialist Sales, Solutions Architects, .
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• Engaging deeply with C-level executives to define and execute enterprise-wide data strategy programs, often becoming the "trusted advisor" on data strategy related topics.
• Providing tailored advice and best practices to help customers implement mission-critical reforms and advances in analytics roadmap execution, such as large-scale data lakes, machine learning capabilities, IoT, data warehousing, data governance, data security, and data access across the Organization
• Liaising with data management advisory council to provide guidelines and recommendations on business requirements, practice, and compliance to ensure organization business strategy, regulatory compliance, and continuity requirements are met.
• Defining modern data architecture and developing policies and practices to guide data collection, management, analysis, modeling, and reporting.
• Guiding data governance frameworks supporting the consistent use of cloud technologies aligned to institutional data and analytics strategies, and associated policies / procedure.
• Advising on organizational changes that support digital transformation and enabling the People change critical to sustained business performance: skills, capabilities, and organizational design.
• Creating awareness of various data related compliance/regulations and ensuring that consistent compliance with policies, standards and tools is consistently enforced, e.g. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), GDPR, CCAR, BCBS239, KYC, etc.
• Selling and delivering billable professional services and providing oversight on strategic engagements, defining scope and execution approach, building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his or her supervision; and working ethically and with integrity.
• Collaborating with other Professional Services specialty teams such as security, advisory, engagement management to drive and shape comprehensive solutions to accelerate business outcomes,
• Providing customer and market feedback to service teams for innovation and feature improvements.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 12+ years of related experience in data management and data architecture
• 3+ years developing and executing analytics roadmaps, including machine learning
• Experience managing data operations, cloud computing, data strategy, data governance, metadata management, or data quality management discipline
• Masters in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Math, or applicable field or MBA
• Experience on creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a larger transformation
• Program management experience, including planning and execution oversight, prioritization, successful project completion in a timely manner; and maintaining a focus on high standards and quality
• Experience with executing machine learning projects
• Knowledge of IoT and machine learning product ecosystem, data governance, data munging, and data quality tools.
• Experience with data architecture, data system and tools, related software, and data management policies and practices in a complex organizational environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top