Are you an IT leader who has led successful business-IT transformation initiatives at a Global Financial Services company? Have you helped financial institutions build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical workloads to the Cloud?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) in our Global Financial Services Professional Services group.
With a deep understanding of your customer's business, culture, processes, and technology environment, you will guide strategic professional services engagements at your customers to success. Successful candidates will have business development, pre-sales, solutions architecture, and technical program management background, be detail driven, and have experience in managing virtual teams to deliver complex programs. You are a passionate leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and project team level, and collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The CDA role is customer-facing. CDAs are members of the AWS customer account team, and travel to customer locations is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the Professional Services account manager, formulate and execute strategies to accelerate customer outcomes through AWS Professional Services engagements.
• Engage with customer business and IT executives to define and execute enterprise-level cloud transformation programs and help create compelling business cases for the transition to the Cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Lead pre-sales architectural discussions and design workshops with customers, and understand customer's technical requirements deeply.
• Develop Professional Services project proposals and SOWs, and work with Professional Services account managers to develop detailed task plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
• Guide and manage the delivery of strategic professional services engagements.
• Form strategic relationships with AWS technology and Systems Integrator partners.
• Technology leadership experience in the financial services industry, or customer-facing technical leadership roles servicing the financial services industry.
• 10+ years leading teams in infrastructure, database, data warehousing, software development, and enterprise architecture disciplines.
• 5+ years leading the implementation of enterprise-scale IT programs.
• Practical knowledge of Agile project management and software development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe.
• Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM or equivalent experience.
• Work experience in Banking, Capital Markets, Payments, Insurance, or other segments within the Financial Services Industry.
• In-depth knowledge of one or more Financial Services domains such as Payment processing, Core Banking, Core Insurance, Front and Middle Office Trading, Enterprise Risk Management, and Anti Financial Crime.
• Exposure to Financial Services Governance, Compliance, and Risk management requirements covering security and privacy.
• One or more certifications in Project Management or Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as SAFE, PRINCE2, or TOGAF.
• Experience leading cloud migrations and cloud-native software development for mission-critical financial services applications.
• Experience with mainframe modernization initiatives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .