Principal, Corporate Business Development/Strategic Partnerships
- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon is seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Corporate Business Development group. CorpBD is part of a centralized Corporate Development team and is responsible for generating, managing, and executing some of Amazon's most complex and high impact partnership engagements. This includes managing relationships and negotiations which may be unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and/or have broader implications to multiple Amazon business units. We regularly work with major technology companies as well as high-growth start-ups to identify new partnership opportunities. You will be required to handle multiple projects that may span a variety of business areas including retail marketplace, digital media, advertising, web services, and other new business initiatives. You will be forward-thinking and effectively negotiate terms that benefit Amazon and our customers.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon, and you will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, if/when major features are in existing roadmaps, and current trends around innovation, consolidation and customer adoption. We dive deep and provide thoughtful analysis, but are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making. Executing strategic partnerships is our primary objective.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon and the future of technology, media, and commerce. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. Proving you are an effective negotiator is a critical part of this job. CorpBD is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon's businesses.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage partnerships that can involve marketing, content, commerce, and technology components.
• Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of partnerships.
• Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute on the relationships.
• Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities.
• Support the strategic objectives and interests of Amazon's business teams on a global basis.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
• 7+ years in technology business development, investment banking, or venture investing experience in a corporate or financial services environment
• End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large scale marketing deals, complex digital media transactions, and strategic technology relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
• Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives.
• Competency with internet and mobile technologies.
• Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
• MBA from a top-tier program
• Thought leader with a solid understanding of advertising, commerce, consumer, and enterprise technologies.
• Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships to help navigate complex situations and foster long-term opportunities.
• Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top