Principal Corporate Business Development, LATAM
- São Paulo, Brazil
Amazon is seeking a Corporate Business Development (CorpBD) Leader to join our team in São Paulo, Brazil. This is a unique opportunity to join the centralized team that manages strategic partnerships across all of Amazon. As a CorpBD Leader, you will be responsible for generating, managing, and executing some of Amazon's most complex and high-impact partnerships, while having a strong aptitude to develop strategies and identify best-in-class opportunities. You will be expected to negotiate partnerships that are unconventional in nature, require a centralized advocate, and have broad implications across multiple Amazon businesses. The CorpBD Leader will concurrently drive multiple initiatives that may involve commerce, marketing, content, and technology components, and will create impact for our customers in Brazil and throughout the broader LATAM region.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon. You will need to work collaboratively with internal teams to deeply understand their business and roadmaps, and to identify and structure partnerships which further their goals. You love rolling up your sleeves and diving deep to arrive at high-judgment recommendations in ambiguous and complex situations. Our team is adaptable, action-oriented, and relentless in helping our internal partners get to the right answer. Identifying and executing strategic partnerships is our primary objective.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon, the future of digital and physical technologies and how they are enabling new customer experiences across LATAM. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. CorpBD is a small, tight-knit team that values authentic, strong-willed individuals who will proactively seek out opportunities to advance growth initiatives for Amazon.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Lead identification, evaluation, negotiation, and management of partnerships across multiple Amazon businesses
• Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of partnerships
• Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute on the relationships
• Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities
• Support the strategic objectives and interests of Amazon's business teams on a global basis
• Extensive experience in technology business development, product management, investment banking, and/or venture investing experience in a corporate or financial services environment
• End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large-scale marketing deals and strategic technology relationships
• Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
• Fluent in English and Portuguese
• MBA from a top-tier program
• Thought leader with a solid understanding of advertising, ecommerce, digital payments, and enterprise technologies
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
• Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
• Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
• Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top