Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television?
Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started changing the way millions of people enjoy content. Now available in more than 240 countries and territories, Prime Video offers customers the broadest selection of any on-demand video service, including our critically-acclaimed Amazon Originals such as the Emmy Award-winning comedies Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Boys, Mindy Kaling's Late Night, Donald Glover's Guava Island, the Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, and live concerts and sports.
Amazon Studios is the movies and television development and production arm of Amazon. It is our role to produce original content and license studio programs worldwide in exclusive service of Amazon's Prime Video customers. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is seeking a savvy, analytical and quantitatively-minded senior strategy/business development executive to join our SVOD content acquisition team. This executive will oversee development of content acquisition strategies specific to our Prime Video Direct (PVD) performance-based licensing activities/model, as well as strategies specific to traditional SVOD licensing activities with major studios. You will have day-to-day oversight of PVD royalty models, PVD licensing strategies and PVD content analytics. You will collaborate with P&L owners during PVD model optimization and development of PVD strategies. With regards to traditional SVOD deals and traditional SVOD licensing activities, you will define/implement new content licensing strategies, evaluate alternate deal structures and efficiently communicate the status and the trade-offs associated with content licensing decisions with key internal stakeholder teams. This candidate must have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts and ideas, both written and verbally, operate in a fast-paced environment and think outside of their direct sphere of responsibility. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who has an attention to detail, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, is cool under pressure and isn't afraid to roll up sleeves up as needed.
• Perform ongoing strategic and/or economic analyses related to the optimization of Prime Video's performance-based PVD content licensing activities on a worldwide basis, as well as optimization of Prime Video's traditional SVOD deals with major studios
• Drive the thought-leadership for economic model development, business partnerships, analytics and metrics/reporting
• Write high-quality, detailed and data-supported content strategy documents which are presented to senior executives within Amazon Studios and Prime Video
• Develop strategies which support the acquisition of content (e.g., TV series, movies, etc.) for targeted, content segments at worldwide scale
• Oversee worldwide PVD royalty models including royalty calculations and creation (and approval) of disbursements to third-party partners
• Own PVD content analytics and drive strategic projects/analyses for traditional SVOD deals
• Partner with functional business leaders to build scalable processes and metrics related to Prime Video Direct and/or traditional SVOD deals
• Audit business metrics, perform deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes and making decisions based on data
• Manage and oversee the day-to-day deliverables of junior business and/or content analyst(s)
• Build business intelligence (BI) capabilities and models to solve customer problems
• Partner with internal Finance/Prime Video Content Analytics teams to help continuously improve the internal tools, processes and models that are used to assess and to predict the customer engagement value of different types of licensed content
• Perform analysis which quantifies the impact that different TV series and/or movies will have on customer engagement in the US and/or in international locales
• Collaborate with internal teams (e.g., marketing, public relations, finance, operations, etc.)
• Use behavior, usage, and consumption data to inform decision-making
• Maintain a can-do attitude and a willingness and flexibility to solve problems at short notice, using any tools necessary
This position will be located in Culver City, CA but will work with Prime Video and Amazon Studios stakeholders across the globe.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in account management, business development, content licensing, or finance
• 8+ years of experience negotiating license and/or business development agreements
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of professional experience working with large data sets plus understanding of statistical analysis, modeling techniques, data mining and business analysis
• Bachelor's degree in economics, math, computer science, engineering, finance, statistics, or a related technical field.
• Experience using SQL
• Experience with one or more major data visualization tools including Tableau/QuickSight/Power BI etc.
• Experience in data mining in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
• Master's or Doctorate degree in economics, math, computer science, engineering, finance, statistics, or a related technical field.
• Ability to unpack complex business questions with data; the curiosity to dive deep, identify the root cause rather than just spot the trends
• Ability to thrive in an environment that is tasked with providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable.
• Ability to effectively prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
• Proven analytics thought leader
• Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the world.
• Ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective Business Intelligence (BI) solutions
• Experience with customer segmentation and customer behavior analysis
• Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.