Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
The AWS Container and Serverless Services Specialist/Go-To-Market (GTM) team is looking for an experienced business leader to join a GTM team that is responsible for growing the adoption of a portfolio of services that includes: Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), and AWS App Mesh.
As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the how customers are deploying cloud-native workloads in Containers and further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers - leaders in their respective fields - earning trust to understand customers' requirements and turn them into reality. You will also demonstrate Customer Obsession, representing the voice of the customer as you work with product teams across AWS to evolve AWS services. As a part of the team responsible for GTM of the Container Services portfolio for AWS, you will also develop scalable motions to establish new business in target market segments and enable the global field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. You will be the single-threaded owner for developing and executing the GTM plan for a portfolio of AWS Container Services and will act as an extension of the product team for customers globally, understanding their use cases, gathering customer feature requests and feedback, and influencing product direction.
• 8+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience.
. Recent experience in working with cloud-native and containerized workloads.
. Experience in building and leading large, diverse teams and ability to work across the organization and influence multiple stakeholders.
• 5-10 years working with customers in helping them with technology decisions, preferably in cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry.
• Technical and/or business degree preferred
• Experience working with the Developer Ecosystem - in startups, Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations
• Strong verbal and written communications and leadership skills are strongly desired
• . A demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Experience with working with cloud native applications, container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, Fargate, Docker, Mesos, and/or others
• Experience in selling technical cloud services or software technology services
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center/infrastructure/networking technologies highly desired
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the container landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us