Principal Consultant, Space Solutions
- United States
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, satellites, satellite communication, space applications, and pushing edge computing into orbit and beyond? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together satellite and spaceraft sensors and data? Do you have a unique combination of technical knowledge, agile project management, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Space Solutions Architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-centric, solutions for the Space Application ecosystem.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, solution architects, and our service teams to drive adoption. This will also include showcasing service such as AWS Ground Station, AWS' compute, storage, and analytics services.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the AWS platform by engaging with companies and application developers building solutions using space-sourced data? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as the preferred platform for Space Solutions?
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Be great, fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you love what you do, are a space enthusiast, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You are dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers, ranging from startups to enterprise customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Architect and assist customers deploy end-to-end solutions for using AWS services to acquire, process, distribute space-based data products.
• In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales teams, formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of AWS services.
• Conduct training sessions for customers considering or already using AWS.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS community.
• Author and contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as blog posts and whitepapers.
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of experience in the space solutions domain, preferably with infrastructure and/or applications
• 12+ years of experience of application development and/or IT platform implementation in a highly technical role
• Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions
• Experience with building and deploying one (1) of the following:
• Spacecraft communication solutions with Software-Defined-Radios (SDRs), using digitized RF data
• Software applications that produce products by processing data downlinked from spacecraft, e.g. visual, IR, synthetic aperture radar (SAR), captured RF signals
• Spacecraft mission planning, commanding, management, and monitoring applications
• Solutions that allow software-defined missions
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
• Understanding of emerging technologies and communications protocols related to the Space marketplace.
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
• Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as FedRAMP and HIPAA.
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle.
• Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development.
• Experience programming applications backed by cloud services.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top