Principal Consultant - DevOps - Nationwide Opportunities
- San Francisco, CA
The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. The Principal DevOps Architect is a leader with an established record of DevOps organizational transformation and cloud adoption with enterprise level customers. A successful DevOps practitioner has technical depth across the Full DevOps Spectrum along with leading and advising C-level executives, evangelizing enterprise cloud based DevOps transformations, and actively practicing the latest DevOps industry standards.
As a Principal DevOps Architect, you will be expected to:
• Own the quality of DevOps architecture and design.
• Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Lead technical and design discussions with Executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
• Serve as a thought leader and SME for DevOps industry trends, new and existing technology offerings, and architectural concepts, such as containerization, microservices, etc.
• Advise on implementing AWS best practices and provide architectural governance.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience.
• 8+ years of experience as a technical advisor in customer-facing roles.
• Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
• Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
• Leader in demonstrating agility through various delivery and implementation methodologies.
• Computer Science or Engineering background.
• Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, release manager, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms.
• Experience architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform.
• Experience designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies.
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing and horizontal scalability.
• Experience with Configuration Management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible).
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
• Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers.
• Experience with blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design.
• Participant in speaking engagements, published work, published blogs, and/or acquired patents, demonstrating industry notoriety.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top