Do you have global technology consulting experience deploying technologies, platforms and solutions in the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry? Do you have extensive international technology experience and skills to deliver AWS services, technologies and infrastructure solutions to multi-national consumer packaged goods customers? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the Consumer Packaged Goods industry?
At AWS, we are hiring a Global Consumer Packaged Goods Principal Consultant into our Professional Services team focused on cloud computing technology to help develop, deploy and drive new platforms, solutions, working directly with our Business Development Teams, AWS Partners and global CPG clients.
The position requires a blend of skills including strong business acumen, Cloud Infrastructure Architecture, and Enterprise Applications knowledge. The also requires a keen understanding of the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry. This position will also be responsible for understanding the use cases for the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry and developing the AWS-based technical solutions that address our customer's needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions as well as developing reference architectures specific to the CPG Industry that highlight the use of AWS services in partnerships.
At AWS, we are looking for an experienced CPG technology consultant with deep technical expertise in their specialty area with an ability to travel both domestic and internationally. They will have strong relevant CPG industry and technical experience combined with exceptional people skills.
AWS Principal Consultant:
-Deliver technology guidance, support POC's (Proof-of-Concepts), perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review industry best practices and conduct technology leadership workshops.
-Collaborate directly with global CPG customers and partners assessing, planning and executing cloud migrations for our large enterprise customers.
-Provide leadership to customers migrating existing platforms, solutions and systems using the full range of AWS cloud services. They also manage engagements and assist with non- technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
-Acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global CPG customers' Technology leaders and associated teams.
-Package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings to AWS Partners to accelerate their transition to cloud-based AWS services.
• Customer Engagements - Collaborate with Account Teams, Business Development, Solution Architects and other stakeholders to develop strong customer and partner relationships. Lead the design and platform adoption of major CPG customers on the AWS platform.
• Industry Leadership - Lead AWS architecture discussions, cloud operations optimization, AWS migrations, security, and integration of AWS services supporting global customer requirements.
• Support Sales Teams Support customer and Partner projects proving the value of AWS products, services and support moving to new distributed cloud environments.
• Technology Leadership - Collaborate with AWS field sales teams, pre-sales teams, training and support teams to help global CPG partners and customers successfully engage and use AWS services. Services include Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Greengrass, Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, AI Services (LEX), AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), and more.
• Develop Partnerships Develop technical and executive level relationships with key System Integrators (SI's), Independent Software Vendors (ISV's) and Managed Service Providers (MSP's) who can help AWS drive the adoption of our CPG solutions for our customers. Support best practices efforts for all AWS and Partners.
• Deliver Deep Industry Expertise - Work with global AWS Professional Services leadership to grow the AWS Professional Services (ProServe) Practice. Work with Business Development Teams, developing and deploying key technology solutions in the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry Vertical.
• Customer Advocacy Understand our customer requirements and priorities to ensure they have a voice internally at AWS. Work with AWS engineering groups, technology and professional ProServe teams conveying deep technical requirements from major CPG customers and partners, driving key inputs into short-term and long-term AWS technology roadmaps.
• Deliver Value - Lead and manage delivery of a key CPG ProServe Technical engagements with customers and partners in the CPG industry.
• Industry Events and Organizations Support key industry trade shows, session panels, keynotes, industry groups, technology organizations and technology standards board's directly conveying AWS corporate messaging and driving new industry-wide engagements as necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Customer Requirements - Understand customer requirements and scope of the project and create SOW for relevant work.
• Customer Facing - Be a part of the customer facing development team and offer value in building/helping build POCs/systems.
• CPG Partners - Work with relevant partners/vendors to help lift-and-shift or re-engineer the existing solutions for AWS as appropriate based on customer's project requirements.
• Technical, Architecture & Code Support - Contribute development artifacts to the internal AWS CPG community as appropriate.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, with customers, System Integrators (SI's) and Independent Software Vendors (ISV's).
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
• 20+ Years' experience managing and delivering large-scale IT projects in the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry and ability to architect the CPG Solution in a cloud narrative framework.
• 15+ Years' of implementation/consulting experience, or solutions development experience in selling to the global CPG industry.
• Hands-on technical experience with CPG industry applications, platforms, and data ecosystem, with ability to understand future and customer needs and present Cloud technical benefits.
• 15+ Years' experience delivering technology solutions to Global CPG customers through the scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services to enable technologies and Cloud services.
• Bachelor's level degree or 15+ years' equivalent professional experience working with technology in the CPG industry.
• Thought leadership experience on relevant topics related to Consumer Packaged Goods Cloud-based enterprise solutions, platforms, workflows, production, post-production, storage, innovation and IT Infrastructure.
• CPG industry sales and delivery experience using industry standard technologies, and leading-edge technology services and solutions.
• Advanced degrees in engineering, math, business and/or computer science preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.