Principal Cloud Infrastructure Architect for Media & Entertainment - EMEA
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Do you have senior level experience deploying technologies, platforms and solutions in the Media and Entertainment (M&E) Industry? Do you have extensive technology experience and skills to support AWS platforms, technologies and infrastructure solutions to global M&E customers?
At AWS, we are looking for a Principal Cloud Infrastructure Architect focused on cloud computing technology to help develop, support and drive new platforms, solutions, and global digital content workflows, working directly with global M&E clients and AWS partners.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving AWS platform.
Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for a senior and experienced hands-on Principal Cloud Infrastructure Architect who will:
• Work as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
• Lead technical and design discussions with Media & Entertainment IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
• Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services
• Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
• Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures
• Advise on implementing AWS best practices
• Influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering,
• Business Development and other cross-functional teams
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Understanding of AWS Services such as AWS Elemental Media Services, Elastic Transcoder, CloudFront, EC2, S3, Glacier is a plus.
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives, IT Management, developers and business leaders
• Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
• Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Back to top