Principal Cloud Infrastructure Architect
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical cloud computing professionals to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating on key engagements. You will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
You will engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and will be obsessed about strong success for the Customer. You will collaborate across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- 10+ or more years of IT implementation experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or math background preferred
- Experience working directly with customers in-person and remotely, driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
- Experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Demonstrated experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and Agile/iterative methodologies required
- Experience with integration of cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed. Up to 50% regionally
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges desired
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3) desired
- Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments desired
- Experience with highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments desired
- Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell) desired
- Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience leading data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top