At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical computing architects to help our partners technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. As a Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead projects. Your engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big , archiving and disaster recovery.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the customer base while ensuring customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs. Our team also puts a value on work-life balance. We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life while still remaining customer obsessed.
This is a customer facing role. You may be asked to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• 15 or more years of IT experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience
• Proven experience with software lifecycle (SDLC) and hands-on scripting and/or coding skills using agile methodologies
• Infrastructure automation through scripting (Bash, ) and the use of infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
• Knowledge of primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53 & S3)
• Integration of services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP, etc.
• Experience leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-software deployments in a variety of computing environments
• Strong practical administration skills in a virtualized environment
• Experience managing center operations including assurance, monitoring, alerting, and notifications.
• Customer facing skills to represent Amazon well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Deep hands-on experience leading the and deployment of business software
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.