Principal Cloud Architect
- Austin, TX
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity, while also collaborating with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on key customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery, education and government.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
• 15+ years of IT Infrastructure experience
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science, Engineering or Math background preferred
• Deep working knowledge of the AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3)
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
• Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
• Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top