Principal Cloud Application Architect - Nationwide Opportunties
- Flexible / Remote
Are you a technical leader who has architected, implemented and successfully launched significant cloud services and application? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud?
Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be fully optimized, they need to be architected to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high availability features of the AWS cloud. On the AWS platform, services such as API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis, AI and others provide opportunities to design and build cloud-ready applications.
AWS is looking for talented hands-on technical architects and principal developers to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills at one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. Here in AWS Professional Services, we engage in a wide variety of business-critical, high-profile projects for customers and partners and help them better leverage the ever-evolving AWS platform.
Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
As a Principal Architect, you'll be expected to:
• Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional customer projects.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
• Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Assist in the career development of other. Actively mentor individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and help managers guide the career growth of their team members.
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
• Architect and build highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS.
• Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices).
• Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures.
• Advise on implementing AWS best practices.
• Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise.
• Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS level technical degree or 15+ years equivalent professional or military experience
• 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
• Cloud experience
• Hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications
• Hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools
• Experience with Agile development and project delivery methodologies
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Computer Science or Engineering background
• Demonstrated success as a software developer, application architect, release manager, product manager, CTO, or consultant working with various platforms
• Experience with architecting, designing and developing applications on the AWS platform
• Experience with designing and building applications using container and serverless technologies
• Experience with architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
• Experience working directly with customers, partners or third-party developers
• Experience with blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design
• Participant in speaking engagements, published work, published blogs, and/or acquired patents, demonstrating industry notoriety
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top