Strategic Accounts, Principal Client Technologist
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking an account chief architect, who will be responsible for the business, digital, and IT transformation strategy with our Strategic Account segment customers pursuing large cloud adoption initiatives and cloud migrations. This role will support a specific strategic account (could be more than one). They will partner with the customer's senior technical and strategic leadership including, but not limited to, the CIO, CFO, CMO, COO, CISO/CTO, and other Application Engineering stakeholders, to jointly develop transformation strategies that help customers accelerate growth and achieve their business outcomes.
As a strategic technologist, you are a proven expert and thought-leader in complex business-IT transformations including platform modernization, enterprise systems, digital transformation, cloud deployment and migrations, governance, software development, and enterprise architecture. The right candidate will have experience and expertise indicting success in leading global IT transformation and technology strategy with very large industry disrupting organizations, demonstrated experience in developing strategic technical initiatives, a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex customer engagements, and excellent communication skills and effectiveness with C-level clients.
AWS Cross-functional collaboration will include service teams and business development teams, Solution Architecture (SAs), Support, Marketing, ISV BDMs, Professional Services, Industry Solutions, Compliance, Legal, Sales Enablement, Finance, Marketplace, and Sales Operations. Your efforts will lead to an increase in AWS led solutions and business outcome content that will increase AWS customer satisfaction and accelerate the innovation agenda of our customers.
Open to traveling up to 50% domestic and international.
• Lead proposal development for outcome based business-IT solution recommendations for AWS adoption in collaboration with sales, solution architecture, and business development
• Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement
• Technology partner to Principal Account Executive (PAE)
• Strategic Account Technical Strategy (account contributor to larger team strategy); Create technical vision for the account (1 yr, 3 yr), which is aligned with customer's business strategy vision.
• Based on technical strategy, facilitate/guide priorities of technical (and technical-like) resources, with SA leader: ProServ, support, SDM, etc. Align priorities and work effort, make sure technical direction and prioritization is completely aligned, goals aligned, coordinate with other Strategic Accounts
• With SA leader, leads account Sales Management through the development of a business architecture plan for the account. Evaluate and present information that will facilitate effective and timely decision-making through written and oral communication materials that effectively summarize findings with recommendations.
• Account interface to service lines and service line executives; Building and curating customer to service-line relationships Technical and service escalation oversight - single point to check / prioritize all service line related technical escalations.
• Manage customer expectations for service features and new services; PFR prioritization directly with service line executives, prioritize with other CAs across all strategic accounts
• Serve as the AWS executive technical sponsor for strategic customer initiatives
• Partner with Specific GSIs and other Sis specific to assigned account and manage the technical alignment relationship(s)
• Identify patterns across Strategic Accounts to help AWS publish white papers, customer technical case studies, blog posts, pre-sales first call decks, and other content are important to drive this scale, standardization, and repeatability
• At any point in time, be driving disruptive (for the customer) technology projects aligned with customer's business strategy.
• Take ownership of and lead executive briefings (at the EBC in Seattle or on-site briefings).
• Build mechanisms for sharing learnings across other strategic accounts.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 20 years of IT experience in Internet related technologies
• 10+ years experience in design/ management consulting or Implementation consulting of large-scale, enterprise applications and data center/infrastructure transformations
• 7+ years' experience working with multi-national global customers
• Technical degree required
• Experience collaborating with sales, client account management, or relevant customer experience
• Experience focusing on a single account to make that customer successful
• Hands on experience with AWS services
• Master's degree/MBA preferred
• Relevant industry experience and exposure for targeted customer(s)
• Executive leadership/technology team management experience
• Enterprise Architecture experience, certifications, and building modern cloud strategies
• Product development, Research and development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.